To ensure that you pack everything you need, we have crafted a gear checklist. If this list looks a little daunting, please don’t hesitate to contact us via phone or email to discuss further.
What we’d like you to bring
- Bike riding pants/knicks/shorts (padded is best) x2
- Bike riding/sports top x2
- Bike riding/sports socks x2
- Bike riding jacket/sports jacket/light jumper x1 (or thermal top)
- Bike riding/sports shoes
- Water bottle
- Head torch/small torch
- Casual clothes for evening
- Pants/shorts x 2
- Shirts/t-shirts x 2
- Warm jumper (polar fleece or woollen)
- Casual shoes (and/or slippers/house shoes for inside our timber-floored Hub)
- Mountain bike. If you don’t have your own mountain bike, you may wish to hire one through our booking process. Please see here for more information about the requirements for a mountain bike.
- Mountain bike shoes (if you are bringing your own bike)
- Mountain bike gloves and helmet (if you'd prefer to use your own)
- Ride pack (if you'd prefer your own, our Experience Leaders a ride pack for small extras)
- Bike tools (our Experience Leaders carry basic tools)
What Blue Derby Pods Ride supplies
- Mountain bike (if required, see here for more information)
- Mountain bike helmet (to use for the duration of the experience)
- Mountain bike spray jacket (to use for the duration of the experience)
- Soaps, shampoo and conditioner
- Books (our Hub has a library)
- Foam roller
- Yoga mats
How to pack your bags
Your luggage will be transferred to our accommodation in the heart of the Blue Derby Mountain Bike Trails network. Please pack your gear in modest bags that can be easily transported. Bring all your gear for Day 1 in a small day bag. Our Experience Leaders can carry a sun hat/extra layer for you in their ride pack if required.
What to wear on Day One
We’ll be travelling 1.25hrs from Launceston to Derby. If comfortable, please be dressed ready to ride, however we do stop at public facilities 15 minutes prior to our first trail, where you’ll be able to change. In this case, please have gear ready to go in your Day One bag.